The Benefits and Hurdles of Using Shot Sleeve Simulation - A Case Study of a BMW Clutch Housing
Live Webinar: Tuesday | June 16 | 10:00 AM EDT (16:00 CEST)
The casting process simulation, as a tool to detect and eliminate problems in the die casting process and possible defects in the cast parts at an early stage, can be further improved by considering the processes in the shot sleeve. This will be illustrated in this webinar using an aluminium die cast part, a BMW clutch housing, with results from various shot sleeve simulations.
Different procedures for dosing and the sequence of the first filling phase are compared. Important basics and influencing factors are described. Advantages and disadvantages in the casting process and consequences for the cast part quality are presented.
Who should attend?
Those who's focus is on high pressure die casting, including: Casting designers casting engineers, quality engineers of casting.
Topics covered include:
- Integration of simulation in the development
- Pre-processing (Important basics)
- Phases of a casting procedure; Cast part example; 3D data + boundary conditions; Meshing; Materials; Processes in the shot sleeve; vcrit diagram; Die casting machine; v-s diagram.
- Post-processing (Simulation of the mold filling and solidification)
- Simulations with consideration of the shot sleeve, different procedures for dosing and the sequence of the first filling phase, results, comparisons of the results
- Simulation with and without consideration of the shot sleeve, results, comparisons of the results
- Temperature profile in the shot sleeve during the die casting cycle
Jerg Engineering GmbH
Technical Manager simulation
NovaCast Systems AB
UPCOMING LIVE WEBINAR HOSTED BY NOVACAST SYSTEMS AB
Title: Casting Simulation (Gravity)
June 2, 2020 at 9:00 AM CEST
For more information and registration, click here.