Altair HPC Solutions for Educational Users
Accelerate learning and discovery with a fully featured PBS Professional package just for EDU. Educational institutions get unlimited use of Altair's industry-leading workload manager and access to email-only support for one low annual fee.
Complete the form at right to get started. Already an Altair customer? Contact your account manager for more information.
Industry-leading Workload Management
Altair PBS Professional is a fast, powerful workload manager designed to improve productivity, optimize utilization and efficiency, and simplify administration for HPC clusters, clouds, and supercomputers. Altair PBS Professional automates job scheduling, management, monitoring, and reporting, and is the trusted solution for complex Top500 systems as well as smaller clusters.
- Powerful, policy-driven scheduling – PBS Professional accelerates job execution and selects optimal job placement across diverse, broadly distributed resources. It’s easy to create intelligent policies to manage distributed, mixed-vendor computing assets as a single, unified system.
- Fast, reliable startup of huge MPI jobs – PBS Professional is tested at tens of thousands of MPI ranks and minimizes delays caused by faulty nodes.
- Support for Linux control groups – Cgroups eliminate resource contention so jobs run faster and don’t interfere with each other or with the OS.
- Topology-aware scheduling – PBS Professional optimizes task placement for all HPC network topologies (including any topologies built on InfiniBandC and GigE, as well as vendor-proprietary technologies), improving application performance and reducing network contention.
- GPU scheduling – Support for advanced GPU scheduling, the ability for a job to separately allocate each individual GPU on a node, means you can share a single node among multiple jobs where each job requires its own GPUs.
- Enterprise resilience – A highly redundant automatic failover architecture with no single point of failure means jobs are never lost, and they'll continue to run despite server failures, network failures, and even killing PBS daemons themselves.
Request EDU Licensing Information
Fill out the form on this page for more information. Our team of technical experts will contact you to learn more about your requirements and facilitate easy installation and adoption of PBS Professional.
PBS Professional for EDU is currently available in the United States. Inquiring elsewhere? Please send inquiry details including country to firstname.lastname@example.org.