Altair at TSMC Open Innovation Platform®
Visit our Virtual Booth!
Trusted for semiconductor design and EDA, Altair’s optimization suite for high-throughput computing environments helps you arrive at the perfect design faster. Altair Accelerator™ is the industry’s fastest enterprise job scheduler with scalable, event-driven architecture for the highest throughput. Accelerator maximizes capacity utilization and can run millions of jobs per day with sub-millisecond latency. Altair Allocator™ takes you global, providing seamless scheduling across geographies and business units. To identify the dependencies and inherent parallelism built into today’s complex design flows, Altair FlowTracer™ uses a unique tracing technique to map and execute flows so you can design around roadblocks. And, to maximize utilization and right-size software investments, Altair Monitor™ provides real-time insight into software license availability, usage, job status, and more.
Full Spectrum Scheduling: Your workloads are more dynamic than ever, you need a scheduling solution intelligent enough to handle them.
- Run highly parallel jobs and those with runtimes that vary from minutes to days with a range of different resource requirements all on the same infrastructure with Altair’s meta-scheduling model, Altair Accelerator™ Plus
- Meta-schedulers like Accelerator Plus enable greater throughput, better license and resource utilization, and more flexible scheduler usage models — plus millisecond dispatch latency, which yields the most benefits for short jobs
- Accelerator Plus uses demand transfer, a process during which the upper-level scheduler expresses a demand on the base or shared scheduler, which responds with resources as they become available. The upper-level scheduler directly connects to those resources, bypassing the base scheduler, for job dispatch.
- Hierarchical scheduling is especially useful in the semiconductor industry for workloads including design verification regressions, library QA, physical design flows with complex dependencies and data handoffs, library characterization, and software unit testing. Also useful for complex ML workloads
Chip Design Has Reached the Cloud: Once deterred by cost and latency, new technology is enabling former cloud skeptics to embrace its scalability and elasticity for semiconductor design.
- With solutions that help bring cloud spend as close as possible to exact compute demand, new scheduling technology that optimizes performance, and license allocation tools that enable teams to seamlessly shift between on-prem and cloud environments, engineering teams are staying ahead of the curve by scaling up quickly with on-demand cloud resources that scale back to zero when demand ceases.
- Accelerator is now available on AWS, bringing scheduling and workload technology once reserved for the world’s leading chip manufacturers to anyone with an internet connection