How To Achieve Optimized Trading Analytics
The ability to analyze and visualize opportunities and risk in real-time is a major advantage for firms engaged in electronic or high frequency trading. Successful traders, salespeople, and desk managers working in front office environments can leverage technology to deliver better alpha and value to their clients while staying in control of their risk and compliant with internal controls and regulatory requirements.
On the buy-side, real-time visual analytics helps portfolio managers formulate new strategies for assessing performance and risk.
On the sell-side, the same tools enable traders and managers to monitor and analyze all aspects of risk throughout the trading day across every asset classes.
In this webinar, we discuss the benefits of analyzing intraday trading risk and performance, the downsides of waiting for end-of-day reports, and the challenges associated with building and using risk compliance dashboards that traders and compliance managers can use effectively to inform trading decisions. We also demonstrate methods for code-free development of sophisticated real-time analytics systems that can be customized to fit the unique requirements of a firm, desk, or trader.
- Problems associated with waiting for end-of-day reports
- Benefits of intraday monitoring and enabling traders to respond quickly to compliance issues
- Statistical tools available to process and analyze volatility on-the-fly based on real-time trading data and market data feeds
- Connecting to disparate data sources, including message buses, time series historical data sets, and other data sources
- Building portfolio and risk analytics applications and visual user interfaces
- Conducting in depth analysis of real-time market and risk data to find trends, cluster, and anomalies
- Developing responses to compliance threats and backtesting possible responses against recent trading and market data
- Trading operations managers
- Risk and compliance officers
- Portfolio managers
- IT professionals supporting execution, risk and compliance systems
Altair Data Analytics
Hugues de Grandmaison, Outside Sales Representative
Altair Data Analytics